Student-athletes are required to attend school full-time (7 classes in a 7 period schedule) and to meet WIAA eligibility standards to participate in sports at MSHS by doctor approval, medical insurance, grades, attendance, residency, behavior, etc. The clearance process will check these areas to determine eligibility. Only registered and cleared athletes may participate in the first day of tryouts or practice.
- All athletes must have a current sports physical. Physicals are valid for 24 months from the date of the exam and must be current the entire sports season.
- If you are a freshman, your physical rolls up from your middle school. If you are unsure of the last physical we have on record for you, check Family Access under the Health Info tab (PC version only; the app does not have this feature presently) or email Tammy Frederick.
- You can attach a copy of your new physical when you register, fax to 425-831-8222, or scan and email.
- Athletes are required to have adequate medical insurance.
- If you need to purchase primary or supplemental medical or dental insurance for your child, affordable plans are available through the school district.
- Forms are also available in the main office.
- To avoid academic suspension, athletes cannot fall below a 2.0 GPA and must be passing all classes.
- At the start of each season an initial grade check is conducted using recorded grades (previous semester).
- Grades are then checked regularly in the current semester during the season.
- Student-athletes are required to complete a WIAA contract if they do not attend MSHS full-time.
- Running Start, Home-Based and Alternative School Students need to complete the contract and return to the athletic department along with a copy of their class schedule.
- Students new to MSHS within the last 13 months are required to complete the WIAA New Student Packet.